Understanding Audible Credits and How They Work
If you’re an audiobook lover, you may already be familiar with Audible credits. But if you’re new to the platform, here’s a quick rundown on how they work.
Audible credits are a form of currency that you can use to purchase audiobooks on Audible. Each credit is equivalent to one audiobook, regardless of the book’s price. That means if you have one credit, you can purchase any audiobook on Audible, regardless of whether it’s priced at $5 or $50.
When you sign up for an Audible membership, you’ll typically receive a set number of credits each month as part of your subscription. The number of credits you receive depends on the membership plan you choose. For example, with the Audible Gold membership, you’ll receive one credit per month, while with the Audible Platinum membership, you’ll receive two credits per month.
If you run out of credits or want to purchase additional ones, you can do so on the Audible website or through Amazon. There are also third-party websites that sell Audible credits, although it’s important to use caution when using these sites to ensure that you’re not getting scammed.
Overall, Audible credits are a convenient way to purchase audiobooks and can help you save money if you listen to a lot of audiobooks each month.
Purchasing Audible Credits on the Audible Website
If you’re an Audible member, you can purchase additional credits directly on the Audible website. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Audible website and log in to your account.
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select “Account Details” from the drop-down menu.
- Under the “Account Settings” section, click on “Purchase Credits.”
- Choose the number of credits you want to purchase and click “Continue.”
- Enter your billing information and click “Place your order.”
Once your order is complete, your new credits will be added to your account immediately. Keep in mind that you can only purchase credits if you’re an active Audible member, and the number of credits you can purchase may be limited based on your membership plan.
Buying Audible Credits on Amazon
If you prefer to use Amazon for your audiobook purchases, you can also buy Audible credits directly from the Amazon website. Here’s how:
- Go to the Amazon website and log in to your account.
- Search for “Audible credits” in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Select the number of credits you want to purchase and add them to your cart.
- Proceed to checkout and enter your billing information.
- Once your order is complete, your new credits will be added to your Audible account.
It’s important to note that purchasing credits through Amazon does not require an active Audible membership, so this may be a good option if you only need a few credits and don’t want to commit to a monthly membership. However, the price per credit may be slightly higher than purchasing them through Audible directly.
Using Third-Party Websites to Purchase Audible Credits
While it’s generally recommended to purchase Audible credits directly from the Audible website or Amazon, there are also third-party websites that sell Audible credits. However, it’s important to be cautious when using these sites, as some may not be legitimate or may sell credits at inflated prices.
If you do decide to purchase Audible credits from a third-party website, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Research the website and read reviews from other customers to ensure that it’s a reputable site.
- Check the price of the credits to make sure they’re not significantly higher than the price of credits sold directly by Audible or Amazon.
- Be wary of any site that requires you to enter your Audible account information or login credentials.
- Use a secure payment method, such as PayPal or a credit card, to protect yourself from fraud.
Overall, while purchasing Audible credits from a third-party website may be tempting, it’s important to exercise caution and ensure that you’re getting a fair price and not putting your account or personal information at risk.
Tips for Getting the Most Value Out of Your Audible Credits
If you’re an avid audiobook listener, you may be looking for ways to get the most out of your Audible credits. Here are a few tips to help you maximize the value of your credits:
- Look for longer audiobooks that offer more listening time for each credit. Instead of using a credit on a short book, try to find longer books that will provide more hours of listening enjoyment.
- Take advantage of Audible sales and promotions. Audible often offers discounts or special deals on certain audiobooks, which can help you stretch your credits further.
- Consider upgrading your Audible membership to receive more credits each month. If you find yourself running out of credits frequently, it may be worth upgrading to a higher membership tier to receive more credits each month.
- Use the “Great Listen Guarantee” to return audiobooks you’re not satisfied with. If you start listening to a book and decide it’s not for you, you can return it within a certain timeframe and receive a credit back to your account.
- Share your Audible account with friends or family members. Audible allows you to share your account with one other person, which can help you both save money and get more listening time out of your credits.
By using these tips, you can make the most out of your Audible credits and get the most value for your money.